Banco Macro announces Results for the 4Q 2022
31 dic 2022
Banco Macro announces Results for the Fourth Quarter of 2022
Buenos Aires, Argentina, February 23, 2023 – Banco Macro S.A. (NYSE: BMA; BYMA: BMA) (“Banco Macro” or “BMA” or the “Bank”) announced today its results for the fourth quarter ended December 31, 2022 (“4Q22”). All figures are in Argentine pesos (Ps.) and have been restated in terms of the measuring unit current at the end of the reporting period. As of January 2020, the Bank began reporting results applying Hyperinflation Accounting, in accordance with IFRS IAS 29 as established by the Central Bank. For ease of comparison, figures of previous quarters have been restated applying IAS 29 to reflect the accumulated effect of the inflation adjustment for each period through December 31, 2022.
• The Bank’s net income totaled Ps.16.6 billion in 4Q22. This result was 59% higher than the Ps.10.4 billion posted in 3Q22 and 19% lower than the Ps.20.5 billion posted in 4Q21. Net Income for FY2022 totaled Ps.43 billion, 19% lower than the Ps.52.8 posted in FY2021. In 4Q22, the annualized return on average equity (“ROAE”) and the annualized return on average assets (“ROAA”) were 16.9% and 3.3%, respectively.
• In 4Q22 Operating Income (after G&A and personnel expenses) totaled Ps.78.2 billion, 79% or Ps.34.6 billion higher than in the same period of last year.
•In 4Q22, Banco Macro’s financing to the private sector increased Ps.2 billion quarter over quarter (“QoQ”) totaling Ps.596.4 billion and decreased 12% or Ps.83.4 billion year over year (“YoY”). In FY2022 peso financing decreased 14% while USD financing decreased 30%.
• In 4Q22, Banco Macro’s total deposits decreased 2% or Ps.23.5 billion QoQ and increased 13% or Ps.148.4 billion YoY, totaling Ps.1.3 trillion and representing 82% of the Bank’s total liabilities. Private sector deposits increased 2% or Ps.24.5 billion QoQ. In FY2022, private sector deposits stand out with a 14% increase (within private sector deposits time deposits grew 28% compared to FY2021)
•Banco Macro continued showing a strong solvency ratio, with an excess capital of Ps.410.3 billion, 39.9% regulatory capital ratio – Basel III and 36.6% Tier 1 Ratio. In addition, the Bank’s liquid assets remained at an adequate level, reaching 95% of its total deposits in 4Q22.
• In 4Q22, the Bank’s non-performing to total financing ratio was 1.25% and the coverage ratio remained stable at 151.69%.
• As of 4Q22, through its 467 branches and 7.781 employees Banco Macro serves 4.6 million retail customers (1.6 million digital customers) across 23 of the 24 Provinces in Argentina and over 111,700 corporate customers.
This press release includes statements concerning potential future events involving Banco Macro that could differ materially from the events that actually occur. The differences could be caused by a number of risks, uncertainties and factors relating to Banco Macro's business. Banco Macro will not update any forward-looking statements made in this press release to reflect future events or developments.
Quarterly Conference Call
Friday, February 24, 2023
Time: 11:00 a.m. Eastern Time | 1:00 p.m. Buenos Aires Time
To participate, please dial
Argentine Participants: 011 3984 5677
Participants Dial In (Toll Free): +1 (844) 450 3847
Participants International Dial In: +1 (412) 317 6370
Conference ID: Banco Macro
Webcast: click here
Webcast Replay: click here
Available from February 24 through March 10, 2023
IR Contact in Buenos Aires:
Jorge Scarinci | Chief Financial Officer
Nicolás A. Torres|Investor Relations
Banco Macro S.A (NYSE: BMA; BYMA: BMA) is a universal bank, with focus in low & mid-income individuals and small & mid-sized companies. The Bank started operating in 1985 as non-banking financial institution and today has grown to be the private local bank with the largest branch network in the country.
For further information access www.macro.com.ar/