Banco Macro announces Results for the Second Quarter of 2022
24 ago 2022
Buenos Aires, Argentina, August 24, 2022 – Banco Macro S.A. (NYSE: BMA; BYMA: BMA) (“Banco Macro” or “BMA” or the “Bank”) announced today its results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2022 (“2Q22”). All figures are in Argentine pesos (Ps.) and have been restated in terms of the measuring unit current at the end of the reporting period. As of January 2020, the Bank began reporting results applying Hyperinflation Accounting, in accordance with IFRS IAS 29 as established by the Central Bank. For ease of comparison, figures of previous quarters of 2021 have been restated applying IAS 29 to reflect the accumulated effect of the inflation adjustment for each period through June 30, 2022.
• The Bank’s net income totaled Ps.4.1 billion in 2Q22. This result was 41% lower than the Ps.7 billion posted in 1Q22 and 45% lower than the result registered in 2Q21. As of 2Q22, the accumulated annualized return on average equity (“ROAE”) and the accumulated annualized return on average assets (“ROAA”) were 7.1% and 1.7%, respectively.
• In 2Q22 Net Operating Income (before G&A and personnel expenses) totaled Ps.81.3 billion, 8% or Ps.6 billion higher than in 1Q22 and 26% or Ps.16.6 billion higher than the same period of last year.
• In 2Q22 Operating Income (after G&A and personnel expenses) totaled Ps.44.5 billion, 4% or Ps.1.6 billion higher than in 1Q22 and 39% or Ps.12.6 billion higher than the same period of last year.
• In 2Q22, Banco Macro’s financing to the private sector increased 2% or Ps.9.9 billion quarter over quarter (“QoQ”) totaling Ps.446 billion and increased 2% or Ps.6.9 billion year over year (“YoY”).
• In 2Q22, Banco Macro’s total deposits increased 8% or Ps.63.4 billion QoQ, totaling Ps.858.2 billion and representing 83% of the Bank’s total liabilities. Private sector deposits increased 10% or Ps.72.1 billion YoY.
• Banco Macro continued showing a strong solvency ratio, with an excess capital of Ps.284.3 billion, 40.5% regulatory capital ratio – Basel III and 35.9% Tier 1 Ratio. In addition, the Bank’s liquid assets remained at an adequate level, reaching 90% of its total deposits in 2Q22.
• In 2Q22, the Bank’s non-performing to total financing ratio was 1.25% and the coverage ratio reached 159.71
This press release includes statements concerning potential future events involving Banco Macro that could differ materially from the events that actually occur. The differences could be caused by a number of risks, uncertainties and factors relating to Banco Macro's business. Banco Macro will not update any forward-looking statements made in this press release to reflect future events or developments.
Quarterly Conference Call
Thursday, August 25, 2022
Time: 11:00 a.m. Eastern Time | 12:00 p.m. Buenos Aires Time
To participate, please dial
Argentine Participants: 011 3984 5677
Participants Dial In (Toll Free): +1 (844) 450 3847
Participants International Dial In: +1 (412) 317 6370
Conference ID: Banco Macro
Webcast: click here
Webcast Replay: click here
Available from August 25 through September 8, 2022
IR Contact in Buenos Aires:
Jorge Scarinci | Chief Financial Officer
Nicolás A. Torres|Investor Relations
Banco Macro S.A (NYSE: BMA; BYMA: BMA) is a universal bank, with focus in low & mid-income individuals and small & mid-sized companies. The Bank started operating in 1985 as non-banking financial institution and today has grown to be the private local bank with the largest branch network in the country.
Para mas información visite www.macro.com.ar/